Welcome to

Davenport Lawn Tennis Club

We are a friendly Club that offers tennis for players of all abilities and ages.
Tennis is played all year round on 4 Floodlit Artificial Grass Courts

• Weekly organised Social Tennis Events and Competitive Tennis in the North East Cheshire League where we have 5 Men and 3 Ladies Teams.

• A thriving Junior Section run by our LTA Club Coach Ben Bush who also offers Individual and Team coaching to members

• Modern Clubhouse facilities with a licensed Bar and Lounge area, a large Function Room and Changing facilities

• Social Events throughout the year include Quiz Nights, BBQ’s, Food & Music Evenings

The LTA has announced the award of 'Regional Coach of the Year - North' to our coach, Ben Bush. Many congratulations, Ben.

The DLTC policy update on the General Data Protection Regulations is available for download on the Join Us page

newsletter2
Previous newsletters are available for download on the Join Us page

Downloadable versions of the 2018 AGM reports are available on the Join Us page


Team collage

Junior Tennis


Junior Tennis at Davenport Tennis Club is the perfect environment for your child to enjoy quality coaching, playing for fun, with friends...
Junior collage

Senior Tennis


Whatever your standard, however new to the game, or experienced, we would love to see you come down and play at Davenport Tennis Club...
Tournament collage

Social activities and venue hire


Come and join the fun at DLTC as a tennis playing member or as a social member

• Social events are held throughout the year for all ages - for players and non players

• DLTC has a fully licensed bar - open all year and available for private parties

• There is a large club house suitable for parties, functions, exercise classes, coffee mornings and many other social gatherings

• The club house and bar lounge are available to hire as a private venue - see our venue hire page

History of the club

T he Club was founded in 1909 by local gentlemen and at that time was called Woodsmoor Tennis Club, and comprised two grass courts and a wooden pavilion

By 1924/5 the Club had expanded to four courts and the name was changed to Davenport Tennis Club. It continued to prosper and by the 1930s had three grass and three shale courts. Throughout this decade teams were entered in the Manchester & District Lawn Tennis League and the Ladies and Gentlemen’s teams were champions on more than one occasion.

During the war years the Club was dormant whilst most of the members were serving in the armed forces, or otherwise helping in the war effort. Immediately after the war work began and there were soon three shale courts ready for play, quickly followed by a fourth. It was around about this time that the original wooden pavilion was replaced by a brick building.

In 1954 Davenport, along with other tennis clubs within an eight mile radius of Bramhall station, founded the North East Cheshire Lawn Tennis League. The League has now expanded to include over 40 clubs covering a much wider area.

During the period since 1970 various alterations and improvements have been made inside and outside to create the Club as it is today. A bar lounge was added in 1970 and the pavilion extended in 1987 with assistance from the Manpower Services Commission

In 1997 the Club completed a £125,000 development aided by the LTA, the Foundation for Sports & the Arts and the Sports Lottery Fund to provide four floodlit artificial grass courts.